Teaching, Learning, and Administrative Systems Stewardship Council (TLASSC)
The Teaching, Learning, and Administrative Systems Stewardship Council provides counsel to the CIO and constitutes a University-wide forum on strategic directions and impacts for key information technology related initiatives and issues.
Teaching, Learning, and Administrative Systems Stewardship Council is expected to evolve working groups or committees supporting information technology related to VIU’s strategic goals, and initiatives of the council such as: Enterprise Systems Enhancements Prioritization Committee, Information Security Working Group, TLA Systems Renewal Steering Committee etc.
To fulfil its mandate, the council:
- Provides input on strategies, plans, standards, guidelines, and priorities for IT services. This includes discussion and endorsement of common practices in IT solutions and services.
- Provides recommendations for IT activities across all of VIU to ensure alignment of technology projects with strategic organizational goals, mitigation of major IT risks, and delivery of planned objectives.
- Recommends prioritization and investment decisions for IT projects. Ensures consistent communication and engagement with campus community on project prioritization and investments.
- Supports IT principles among university leadership and our general community.
- Supports the development of Board policies with respect to IT.