There are two Voicemail companies which are Call Pilot and Mitel VoIP. Call Pilot is only for the Nanaimo campus whereas Mitel VoIP is for Nanaimo, Cowichan, Powell River, and Parksville.
Voicemail Best Practices
Delete Voicemail Regularly
- Delete your voicemail on a regular basis.
- If you are not able to access your voicemail, please enable your area secretary to check and delete your voicemail while you are away for an extended period.
Temporary Greetings (Call Pilot)
- When you are away from campus for any period it is advisable to record a temporary greeting stating your absence and expected date of return.
- To set a temporary greeting, enter the voicemail system in the usual manner
- Press 82 for your greetings
- Press 3 for your Temporary Greeting
- Press 5 to Record, 2 to Review, 9 to set an expiry date/time and 4 to exit.
- Don't forget to log out of the voicemail system by pressing 83.
How do I request or access this service?
Accessing Voicemail (Call Pilot)
- You can access your voicemail from anywhere in the world with phone service.
- Call our voicemail # 250-740-6345
- Enter your four digit local or mailbox number followed by #
- Enter your voicemail password followed by #
- Access your voicemail in the normal manner.
- Log off the voice system by pressing 83, then hang up.
Who can use this service?
When is this service available?
Support for this service is available: M-F 8:00 - 4:30
Service is available: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
Our technology advisory page provides up-to-date information about the operations of Vancouver Island University's Information Technology systems and services.