Instructional Audio Visual or Computer Support
The IT Helpdesk provides support for technical audio visual or computer problems in all classrooms. This support can be accessed via the main IT Helpdesk phone number 250-740-6300 or local 6300. This line will be answered during normal Helpdesk hours.
There are four lecture theatres. These are wired for audio visual needs and to the network. Each theatre has a video player, microphone, speakers, computer* and data projector.
- 180/134 – 70 seats (accessible seating in front row)
- 200/203 - 101 seats (2 accessible seats)
- 250/125 - 102 seats
- 355/203 - 105 seats (accessible seating in back row)
- 356/109 - 116 seats (accessible seating in front rows)
The following specialty classrooms are restricted to students in specific programs:
- Bldg 356 Room 221 Education multimedia computer lab
- Bldg 355 Room 110 Modern Languages - Language lab
- Bldg 255 Room 282 ESL and Language students - Language lab
Faculty wanting software installed in a lab need to:
- Either purchase the software with enough licenses (one for each computer in the lab), or
- Have a letter from the software (or textbook, if it came with a text) publisher giving us permission to install the software in the lab, or
- If the software is freeware, provide freeware licensing information to the IT Help desk.
Email the IT Helpdesk and request that ticket be created to have the software installed. Please include the building and room number the software is to be installed in, the purchase order number (or other licensing information from the publisher), when you require the software to be installed by (one month before class starts), and when the software is to be taken off the computers.
If possible, installations should be limited to between term time frames in order to minimize disruptions.
The instructor MUST test the installation before the class starts in order to avoid problems. Please test it using exercises you will be asking your students to do (ie: print from the program, save files, etc.).
How do I get help with this service?
Who can use this service?
When is this service available?
Support for this service is available: M-F 8:00 - 4:30
Service is available: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
Our technology advisory page provides up-to-date information about the operations of Vancouver Island University's Information Technology systems and services.