Use one of the TELUS Conferencing Services if you need to have a meeting with single or multiple callers, or if you want to call multiple people from one phone. Depending on the type of call you need to make, you have a few options:
- If your call is just one person calling out to many others then you will not need any special equipment, just a regular phone.
- If many people need to speak to another person, all you will need is speaker phone
- If many people need to speak with many other people you will need a special Conferencing phone.
Rooms with Conferencing equipment on Nanaimo Campus:
- Room 305-507 (it has a telephone conferencing unit that is good for 5-10 people) - Link to Polycom user guide
- Room 250-402 (it has a speaker phone set up - L6546 digital M3902).
How do I request or access this service?
To set up a conference call you will need to contact Telus at 1-877-944-6338 and they will set up the conference for you. They do charge for this service, but you can use your department’s cost centre for the charges. Please see the links listed below for instructions on how to use this service.
How do I get help with this service?
Contact Telus at 1-877-944-6338 for assistance.
Who can use this service?
Where can I find out more information about this service?
When is this service available?
Support for this service is available: M-F 8:00 - 4:30
Service is available: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
Our technology advisory page provides up-to-date information about the operations of Vancouver Island University's Information Technology systems and services.