How Do I Manage My Voicemail?
Voicemail Instructions - For Call Pilot (Nanaimo)
Voicemail Instructions - For Mitel VoIP (Nanaimo, Cowichan, Powell River, Parksville)
- Mitel VOIP Mailbox Quick Instructions
- Mitel VOIP Mailbox Full Instructions
- Mitel 6930 Voicemail Quick Reference Guide
- Please note: Some advanced features may not be available on VIU phone sets. Due to the advanced nature of these features, the IT Helpdesk is unable to provide support for them.
Voicemail Best Practices
Delete Voicemail Regularly
- Delete your voicemail on a regular basis.
- If you are not able to access your voicemail, please enable your area secretary to check and delete your voicemail while you are away for an extended period.
Temporary Greetings (Call Pilot)
- When you are away from campus for any period it is advisable to record a temporary greeting stating your absence and expected date of return.
- To set a temporary greeting, enter the voicemail system in the usual manner
- Press 82 for your greetings
- Press 3 for your Temporary Greeting
- Press 5 to Record, 2 to Review, 9 to set and expiry date/time and 4 to exit.
- Don't forget to log out of the voicemail system by pressing 83.
Accessing Voicemail (Call Pilot)
- You can access your voicemail from anywhere in the world with phone service.
- Call our voicemail # 250-740-6345
- Enter your four digit local or mailbox number followed by #
- Enter your voicemail password followed by #
- Access your voicemail in the normal manner.
- Log off the voice system by pressing 83, then hang up.